Hiking in high altitude
Hiking in high altitude has a very positive effect on your health. This has been scientifically proven.
Scientific studies (AMAS I and AMAS II) were carried out in 2000 and 2006 and have provided according evidence. Spending time in high altitude combined with the physical exercise during hiking leads to significant improvements in the following areas:
- Improvement of the cardio-vascular performance
- Considerable declension of high blood pressure
- Reduction of body weight without actually going on a diet
- Improves the blood lipid- and blood sugar metabolism
- The oxygen transport by red blood cells is improved
- “Oxidative Stress” is reduced – reduction of free radicals
- The psychological well-being is improved (e.g. more positive attitude towards life, quality of sleep)
- Fitness level is improved
As you can see, a Hiking Holiday at The Edelweiss not only has a relaxing and revitalising effect; it also contributes largely to improving your general health condition.